Department of Physics
At A Glance
The Department of Physics was established on 20th June 1967. The department is having an area of about 536.28 square meters. There are two dedicated laboratories Lab I and Lab II having an area of about 179.35 square meters of each with a capacity of 30 students each in the laboratory. The department offers only B.Sc. course. Presently we conduct two divisions for B.Sc. I and B.Sc. II, as well as one batch of B.Sc. III. The department has produced a large number of graduate students since its establishment.
The faculty give research and teaching equal importance. Extra care is taken to pay individual attention to the students in their laboratory work and tutorial sessions. The department is well equipped with computers and high-speed internet facilities. The department has its book-bank with a collection of more than 100 text as well as reference books.
The physics department is one of the highest research publications record in our college. The experienced faculty of the department is devoted to research in their respective areas of specialization. The major research area of the department is Materials Science, especially Solar cells, Batteries, Electrochromism, Gas Sensors, Supercapacitors, ferrites, Ferroelectric composites, Superhydrophobic coatings. The results of the research carried out in the department are published in many international journals, seminars, and conferences.
As a contribution of research, Dr. G. M. Lohar Received Early Carrier Research Award from the Department of Science and Technology – Science and engineering research board (DST-SERB), Government of India. Dr. Gaurav M. Lohar Received Young Scientist Award from Indian Science Congress at 106th Indian Science congress held in Lovely Professional University, Punjab. Dr. G. M. Lohar received Young Achievers Award from Institute of Scholar. Also, Dr. G. M. Lohar working on two projects funded by DST-SERB (21.68 Lakh) and Shivaji University, Kolhapur (70000/-). The joint research projects between the Department and Industry will be undertaken in the future. The department will take up more research projects in the field of Materials Science, especially nanomaterials for solar energy conversion, battery, and gas sensing applications. The department of physics creating a golden path to students for joining research as well as joint research in national international institutes. The history of the department dictates that it has ever remained flourishing and will remain so in the future. Moreover, topical seminars by scientists of nearby research institutes are arranged to create research-awareness amongst students. Some scientists are also invited for teaching, examination, and curricular development.
- Departmental Library-80 Books
- Free Internet Facility for faculty and students
- Question Bank
- Research facility –All the synthesis techniques like Chemical bath deposition, SILAR, Hydrothermal method, Spin coating unit, Centrifuge method, Reflux method with characterization units such as Resistivity unit, Thermoelectric Power unit, Picometer, Furnace facility, Ultrasonication unit
- Quiz Competition
- Unit tests
- Group Discussion
- Guest lectures
- Library Visit
- Project Work
- Educational Tour
- Poster presentation
- Avishkar Project Competition.
|Dr. G. M. Lohar||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Head & Asst. Prof.|
|Mr. R. K. Kamble||M.Sc. NET|
|Miss. M. S. Kadam||M.Sc.||Asst. Prof. C.H.B.|
|Mrs. M. B. Shejal||M.Sc.|
|Miss. A. A. Rasal||M.Sc.||Asst. Prof. C.H.B.|
|Mr. D. S. Sawant||M.Sc.||Asst. Prof. C.H.B.|
DST-SERB Junior Research Fellow
|Mr. O .C. Pore||JRF||M. Sc., SET.|
|Mr. A.N. Kadam||C.T.I., N.C.T.V.T||Laboratory Assistant|
|Mr. N. V. Pote||H.S.C.||Laboratory Attendant|
|Mr. R.P. Jadhav||H.S.C.||Laboratory Attendant|
- To develop the department as a Centre for Advanced Studies in Materials Science and Technology, and to integrate Physics with Engineering.
- To start the B.Sc. III Nanotechnology, so as to develop it as an advanced centre of Science and Technology.
- To achieve academic excellence and overall development of the students to meet the international standards.
- To cater the needs of nearby Industries by producing trained manpower to enhance productivity.
- To offer the logical and consultancy service to the industries.
- Special efforts for students will be made to become successful in their endeavors.
Dr. Gaurav M. Lohar
Google Scholar Link: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=JvcR34UAAAAJ&hl=en
- The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) Young Scientist Award 2019.
- InSc Young Achiever Award 2019.
- Early Career Research Award (DST-SERB, Government of India): 2018
|Sr. No.||Project title||Status PI/CoPI||Funding Agency||Amount|
|1||Performance and evaluation of high energy electron irradiation on metal oxide reduced graphene oxide composite for supercapacitor and biosensor applications||PI||DST-SERB||2177550/-|
|2||Performance and evaluation of copper oxide reduced graphene oxide composite for supercapacitor and biosensor applications||PI||Shivaji University||70000/-|