Anti Ragging Committee
|Prin. Dr. R. V. Shejwal||Chairman|
|Dr. V. A. Jadhav||Co-ordinator|
|Dr. Animish Chavan||Medical Officer|
|Dr. P. C. Chikmath||Member|
|Mr. A. P. Jarag||Member|
|Dr. P. P. Yadhav||Member|
|Miss. Chavan D. S||Student Representative|
|Miss. K. S. Sabale||Student Representative|
During the academic year 2016-17, following rectifications are brought in as per the complaints/ suggestions of the students
- Installation of wi- fi system
- Installation of additional coolers of drinking water
- Increased the member of English newspapers in study room
- Gv appointed secant guard for par long zoon
- Care is taken about cleanliness in general.
For the academic year 2014-15, college has formed the Anti Ragging Committee. In the conformity with the Supreme Court Judgments and directions, UGC Guidelines and State Government Instructions,Lal Bhadur Shstri College, Satara is following a ‘Zero Tolerance Policy’ towards ragging. Any student of college accused and found guilty of ragging, will be severely dealt with, in accordance with the Provisions of Law.
- All matters relating to maintenance of discipline among students in the University/College and /Institution/Departments/ Faculties will be governed by Ordinance XV(B) and XV(C). Kindly refer Clause 3-Ordinance XV (B) which defines categorically the acts of gross
indisplineon the part of student.
- Detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct of students shall be framed at
locallevel by the Deans of Faculties/Heads of Departments/ Principals/Wardens of college hostels, these rules are to supplement rather than substitute guidelines available from the university.
- As identified in Clause 5, Ordinance XV(B) the local Heads of Institutions “shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers” over students in the college. Further, they may identify a Disciplinary Resource Person (DRP) in college.
- The College may erect a suitable hoardings/
bill boards/banners in prominent places within the campus to exhort the students to prevent or not to indulge in ragging and also indicating therein the names of the officials and their telephone numbers to be contacted in case of ragging.
- Sealed complaint boxes
beplaced in front of the Principal’s Office at the college for the benefit of the potential victims of the ragging to enable them to put their complaints/ suggestions to college authorities. Officials in the college on whom the responsibility has been entrusted will look into those complaints and take prompt necessary action, as per the university norms.
- Special care is taken to avoid harassment of any student on the basis of caste, sex, religion etc. In this
regardpreventive actions are more important than punitive actions.
- The UGC has recently formulated very strict guidelines to curb the menace of ragging which is available on their website www.ugc.ac.in.
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has also launched a 24 X 7
toll freeanti-ragging helpline No. 1800-180-5522 and an email facility at email@example.com this information may please be given wide publicity.
- An Affidavit as suggested by the UGC is taken from the students as well as his/her parents/guardian. On the prescribed Proforma which is enclosed herewith for doing the needful at your end at the time of admission.
- Various lectures are conducted for the
anti raggingawareness among the students from time to time. Posterpresentation is conducted to guide the students and create awareness.
- Two students will be included in the Anti Ragging Committee after the election of
‘Ruthless’ a short Film on Anti-Ragging directed by Mr. Prashant Pandekar B.Sc-III Student