Department of Physics
At A Glance
The Department of Physics was established on 20th June 1967. The built up area of the department is about 536.28 sq. mtrs with two dedicated laboratories Lab I and Lab II having area about 179.35 sq. mtrs each. With a capacity of 30 students each in the laboratory, department offers B.Sc. course at the undergraduate level. Presently we conduct two divisions for B.Sc. I and B.Sc. II and a division for B.Sc. III for the UG classes. The department has produced a large number of graduate students since its establishment.
Research and teaching are given equal importance by the faculty. Extra care is taken to pay individual attention to the students in their laboratory work and tutorial sessions. The department is well equipped with computers and high speed internet facilities. The department has its own book-bank with a collection of more than 100 text as well as reference books.
Physics department is one of the highest research publications record department in Lal Bahadur Shastri College College. Experienced faculty of the Department is devoted to research in their respective areas of specialization. The major research area of the department is Materials Science especially Solar cells, Batteries, Electrochromism, Gas Sensors, Supercapacitors, ferrites, Ferroelectric composites, Superconductors, Superhydrophobic coatings. Results of the research carried out in the department are published in many international journals, seminars and conferences.
The joint research projects between Department and Industry will be undertaken in future. The department will take up research projects in the field of Materials Science especially Nanomaterials for solar energy conversion, battery and gas sensing applications. The students of this department carry the beacon of light from here to other departments and research institutions in India and abroad. The history of the department dictates that it has ever remained flourishing and will remain so in future.
Moreover, topical seminars by scientists of nearby research institutes are arranged to create research-awareness amongst students. Some scientists are also invited for teaching, examination and curricular development.
- Departmental Library-80 Books
- Free Internet Facility for faculty and students
- Question Bank
- Research facility –All the synthesis techniques like Chemical bath deposition, SILAR, Hydrothermal method, Spin coating unit, Centrifuge method, Reflux method with characterization units such as Resistivity unit, Thermoelectric Power unit, Picometer, Furnace facility, Ultrasonication unit
- Quiz Competition
- Unit tests
- Group Discussion
- Guest lectures
- Library Visit
- Project Work
- Educational Tour
- Poster presentation
- Avishkar Project Competition.
|Dr. G. M. Lohar||M.Sc., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor & Head|
|Mr. S.A. Rasal||M.Sc., B.Ed||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. R.P. Bhosale||M.Sc||Assistant Professor|
|Miss. A. V. Kharade||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Miss. S. A. Salunkhe||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Miss. S. D. Kulkarni||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Miss. P. A. Jagtap||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Miss. A. S. Sable||M.Sc.||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. A.N. Kadam||C.T.I., N.C.T.V.T||Laboratory Assistant|
|Mr. D.A. Shinde||S.S.C.||Laboratory Attendant|
|Mr. R.P. Jadhav||H.S.C.||Laboratory Attendant|
- To develop the department as a Centre for Advanced Studies in Materials Science and Technology, and to integrate Physics with Engineering.
- To start the B.Sc. III Nanotechnology, so as to develop it as an advanced centre of Science and Technology.
- To achieve academic excellence and overall development of the students to meet the international standards.
- To cater the needs of nearby Industries by producing trained manpower to enhance productivity.
- To offer the logical and consultancy service to the industries.
- Special efforts for students will be made to become successful in their endeavors.
Dr. Gaurav M. Lohar
Google Scholar Link: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=JvcR34UAAAAJ&hl=en
Former Faculty: Dr. N. L. Tarwal
Google ScholarLink: https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=TJhOtuQAAAAJ&hl=en